The development of urbanization, smart cities, Internet of Things (IoT), new energy vehicles, autonomous driving, and 5G technology have been in full swing as China’s economy evolves, while setting higher requirements for sustainability. In line with the development trends, Covestro has launched a range of innovative waterborne polyurethane solutions for industries such as rail transit, construction, furniture, car interiors and consumer electronics. Successful cases of these innovative waterborne polyurethane solutions will also be presented at ChinaCoat 2019.
In the furniture segment, Covestro has introduced new water-based two-component polyurethane hot water resistant coating for wood furniture, and the new hydrophilic polyisocyanate Bayhydur® quix 306-70.
- Based on Bayhydrol® and Bayhydur®’s waterborne two-component upgrade solution, whether it is a one-component, two-component or UV-based primer, only one layer of top coating is sufficient for hot water resistance, and it can fulfill the trending ultra-matte decor.
- The new hydrophilic polyisocyanate Bayhydur® quix 306-70 has narrowed the gap between two-component waterborne and solvent-based systems in terms of drying speed while maintaining the same chemical resistance and mechanical performance, bringing another upgrade to the wood coating technology.
Covestro is leading the automotive industry with new products, technology and solutions that are conducive to future development and innovation.
- Bayhydrol® UH2888/UH650, Covestro’s new aliphatic polyurethane waterborne dispersion is characterized by good film-forming at low temperature, excellent compatibility, good water resistance and excellent inter-layer adhesion, and features binder for water-borne, air-and oven-drying coatings and basecoats, and binder for waterborne basecoats in one- or two-component systems for PP, ABS, SMC and other plastics.
- Blulogiq, a thermolatent hardener technology invented by Covestro, is smart for a variety of coating applications. It improves the painting process efficiency of OEM plastic parts and metal car body, saves energy by reducing baking temperature and ensures performance without any sacrifice in appearance. Blulogiq offers new possibilities for implementing the in-line process in the auto OEM industry.
- The new waterborne polyurethane Impranil® DLU/1 uses Covestro’s INSQIN® textile coating technology, which makes the coating more eco-friendly and durable, with a premium look and feel. These unique product features enable performance even in the thinnest layers, giving automakers the upper hand in a highly competitive market.
Covestro has also introduced new coating solutions for consumer electronics.
- In response to the challenges of designing and manufacturing outer casings for consumer electronics in the 5G era, Covestro’s new consumer electronics coatings based on Bayhydrol®/Bayhydrol® UV/Bayhydur® can improve the eco-protection and safety features during transportation and storage, and deliver dynamic and vivid colors. The matte system brings out a soft-touch deluxe style, while the high-gloss system ensures scratch-resistance and lasting colors, to meet customer expectations for better design.
Attendees of ChinaCoat 2019 can learn more about our applications and materials in the coatings industry by stopping by the Covestro booth (W2, B05).
With 2018 sales of EUR 14.6 billion, Covestro is among the world’s largest polymer companies. Business activities are focused on the manufacture of high-tech polymer materials and the development of innovative solutions for products used in many areas of daily life. The main segments served are the automotive, construction, wood processing and furniture, and electrical and electronics industries. Other sectors include sports and leisure, cosmetics, health and the chemical industry itself. Covestro has 30 production sites worldwide and employs approximately 16,800 people (calculated as full-time equivalents) at the end of 2018.
This press release is available for download from the Covestro press server at www.covestro.cn. A photo is available there for download as well. Please acknowledge the source of the pictures used.
Find more information at www.covestro.cn
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/covestro
This news release may contain forward-looking statements based on current assumptions and forecasts made by Covestro AG. Various known and unknown risks, uncertainties and other factors could lead to material differences between the actual future results, financial situation, development or performance of the company and the estimates given here. These factors include those discussed in Covestro’s public reports which are available at www.covestro.com. The company assumes no liability whatsoever to update these forward-looking statements or to conform them to future events or developments.